General Terms and Conditions of Use (www.chargeguru.com/uk)
ARTICLE 1 • PURPOSE
These Terms and Conditions of Use (“T&C”) form part of the legal framework governing the provision of the services offered on the Site and the use of such services by Users.
The Site is intended for use by people residing in the United Kingdom. The Company does not represent that content available on or through the Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations. The User agrees to use the Site for strictly domestic and private purposes only. The use of the contents of the Site for any purposes resulting in commercial gain is strictly prohibited.
These T&C must be accepted by any User who wishes to use the services offered by the Company on the Site. They constitute a contract between the Company and the User. A User's continued access of the Site is deemed acceptance of these T&C.
In case of non-acceptance of these T&C, the User must stop using the Site immediately.
The Company reserves the right to unilaterally modify the content of these T&C at any time, however any changes would not apply to any information a User has already downloaded from, or the User's previous use of, the Site. These terms were most recently updated on 07.12.2022.
The User can contact the Company to raise any queries or complaints by email at the address [email protected] or by phone at 02039369930.
ARTICLE 2 • PARTIES
The Site is operated by Raiden Charging UK Ltd, trading as ChargeGuru UK, a company incorporated in England and Wales (Registered number 14158696) whose registered office is at 21 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2DY and whose VAT number is [TBC].
ARTICLE 3 • DEFINITIONS
The purpose of this clause is to define the main terms of the contract:
- “Site”: means the chargeguru.com/uk website.
- “Company”: means the company Raiden Charging UK Ltd mentioned above.
- “Service(s)”: means the Services offered by the Company on the Site, including those provided by a Partner, as described in Articles 4 and 5 below.
- “User”: means any person who uses the Site or one of the Services offered by the Site.
- “Consumer User”: means a User that is acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or profession.
- “Partner”: means any professional whom the Company authorises to implement the Services requested by the User on the Company's behalf, in the location requested by the User.
ARTICLE 4 • ACCESS TO SERVICES
- a) Right of access to the Site
The Company, in accordance with these T&C, grants Users a strictly personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable revocable limited access right to the Site. Any use of the Site other than for its intended purpose is strictly prohibited and constitutes a violation of these T&C.
Use of the Site requires an internet connection and browser. To ensure the proper functioning of the Site, the Company recommends accessing the Site via the latest versions of Chrome or Safari browsers.
Obtaining all hardware and software (including but not limited to virus protection software) necessary to access the Site and use the Services is the sole responsibility of the User. The Company will use all reasonable efforts to ensure the Site is safe to use and does not damage the User's hardware or software. The Company reserves the right to suspend, modify or refuse the User's access, should the User breach any provision of these T&C.
- b) Services offered to Users on the Site
The Site allows the User to access the following Services free of charge:
- provision of information related to rechargeable electric and hybrid vehicles, their use and recharging;
- the ability to submit quote requests for the supply and installation of charging solutions for electric vehicles and rechargeable hybrids;
- provision of quotes by the Company based on (i) the needs expressed by the User in the quote request and (ii) the Services offered by the professional Partners of the Company who can meet the needs of the User; and
- the ability to rate the Services performed by Partners and publish comments on such Services.
The Company uses all reasonable efforts to guarantee the Site and Services are performed with reasonable care and skill. The Company is not liable for any losses solely caused by an event wholly outside the Company's reasonable control that results in a malfunction of the network or the server.
Access to the Site or Services may be interrupted, suspended or modified at any time for maintenance or otherwise. The User undertakes not to claim any compensation for the interruption, suspension or modification of the Site. The Company will try to give the User reasonable notice of any suspension.
ARTICLE 5 • THE SERVICES
- a) Information on rechargeable electric and hybrid vehicles, their use and recharging
The Site provides information related to rechargeable electric and hybrid vehicles, their use and recharging. This information is provided for informational purposes only. Whilst the Company will always try to provide accurate information on the Site, it cannot be responsible for any errors in the information provided.
- b) Submitting quote requests for the supply and installation of charging solutions for rechargeable electric and hybrid vehicles
The Site allows Users to submit a quote request for the supply and installation of a charging solution for rechargeable electric and hybrid vehicles. A User is responsible for ensuring that details provided are accurate at the time of completing and submitting a quote request.
- c) Provision of quotes by the Company based on (i) the needs expressed by the User in the quote request and (ii) the Services offered by professional Partners of the Company who can meet the needs of the User
Acceptance of these T&C means that the User authorises the Company to, without notifying the User, communicate all or part of their contact information and quote request to any Partner (with whom the Company has previously entered into a service contract), so that the Partner can contact the User.
The terms and conditions governing sale and provision of any Services under a quote accepted by a User can be found at https://chargeguru.com/uk/terms-of-sale/.
The User agrees to receive any appointment reminders or other information by email and / or SMS at the email address and / or mobile number provided.
The Company is careful to only work with the best Partners. To achieve this, the Company uses all reasonable efforts to only select Partners qualified to provide the Services that Users may request. The Company verifies the proof of qualification provided by Partners and the validity of their insurance contracts.
The User must submit accurate information during the registration process. The Company is not responsible for possible errors made by Users in the quote request.
- d) Rating the services provided by the Partners and publication of comments on such Services
Once the Services have been provided, the Company encourages the User to take and upload to the Site photographs or videos of the deliverables of such Services. These photos or videos are taken by the User.
The User also has the ability to post comments, testimonials and satisfaction ratings relating to the Partner's Services.
When uploading their comments, photos and videos to the Site (together, the "Content"), the User agrees to comply with applicable law. The User agrees in particular to not upload Content that may violate public order or decency, be considered harmful, offensive, inciting prejudice or hatred of any kind, or provoke protests from third parties or contravene current law. The User shall not upload any Content which is disparaging or defamatory to the Company, the Partners and/or their products.
The User remains the owner of all its Content. However, by posting Content on the Site, the User gives the Company a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, store, reproduce, disseminate and distribute the User's Content in whole or in part, directly or through an authorised third party, throughout the world, in any medium (digital or physical, including but not limited to the internet and mobile phone networks) to expire when the User deletes the Content from the Site.
The Company undertakes to, or procure that a respective publisher with whom Content has been shared, undertakes to, include the User's name near to each use of its Content.
The Company may remove User's Content, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason. The User will not receive any reason for, or notification prior to, the removal of the User's Content. Should a User upload any Content in breach of these T&C, the Company reserves the right to permanently remove such User's access to the Site.
ARTICLE 6 • USE OF THE SITE
The User agrees not to:
- transmit, publish, distribute, record or destroy any material, in particular the content of the Site, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations (including but not limited to those concerning the collection, processing or transfer of personal information);
- submit quote requests in bad faith with no intention of accepting any quote offered;
- provide inaccurate information or fail to update information provided;
- disseminate data, information or content of a defamatory, obscene, offensive, violent or inciting nature, or of a political, racist or xenophobic nature and, in general, any content that is contrary to current laws and regulations or good morals;
- refer or create links to any content or information available on the Site, except with the express, prior written consent of the Company;
- use content or information on the Site to offer a Service, deemed in the Company's sole discretion, to be in competition with the Company;
- sell, exchange or monetise content or information on the Site or relating to the Service, without the express written consent of the Company;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code of any underlying intellectual property used to provide all or any part of the Site or Services;
- use manual or automated software or devices, coding robots or other means to access, browse, extract or index any page of the Site;
- compromise or attempt to compromise the security of the Site. This includes attempts to monitor, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express written authorisation of the Company;
- falsify or use the products, logos, trademarks or any other mark protected by the Company's or a Partner's intellectual property rights;
- simulate the appearance or operation of the Site;
- interrupt or disrupt, directly or indirectly, the Company or the Services, or impose a disproportionate load on the infrastructure of the Site; or
- attempt to transmit or activate computer viruses through or on the Site.
Breaches of system or network security may lead to civil and criminal proceedings. The Company may appeal to regulatory authorities to prosecute, if necessary, a User who participates in such violations. The Company will co-operate with regulatory authorities by disclosing the User's identity to them.
The User agrees to use the Site fairly, in accordance with its intended purpose, applicable law and these T&C.
ARTICLE 7 • INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The brands, logos, signs and any other content on the Site, and the Site itself, are protected by applicable intellectual property law, including but not limited to, copyright. The Company is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site.
The User must request the written authorisation of the Company before any reproducing, publishing or copying the contents of the Site. If the User reproduces, publishes or copies any part of the Site in breach of these T&C, the User's right to use the Site will cease immediately and the User must, at the Company's option, return or destroy any copies of the materials made.
All Content posted online by the User is their sole responsibility. The User agrees not to upload Content that could infringe any interests of third parties. A User shall be liable for any legal action initiated by a third party concerning Content uploaded by a User, and the Company has the right to disclose a User's identity to any third party claiming that User's Content violates their rights.
ARTICLE 8 • PERSONAL DATA
ARTICLE 9 • LIABILITY
- a) Use of the Site and the Services
The User is responsible for ensuring that their use of the Site complies with applicable law and these T&C.
Technical errors and access interruptions may occur on the Site. Consequently, the Company is not liable for unavailability or delayed provision of the Services solely due to a cause wholly outside the Company's reasonable control.
All and any information displayed (including but not limited to, tax information) on the Site is not intended to constitute advice on which the User can rely. The User should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Site.
The Company makes reasonable efforts to ensure the sources of the information published on the Site are reliable. However, the Company does not guarantee the reliability or accuracy of such sources. The information provided on the Site is for informational purposes only. Therefore, the User assumes sole responsibility for any reliance on the information on, and content of, the Site which does not relate to products or services offered by the Company.
The User shall be liable for any use of the Services by the User that directly or indirectly results in damage to the Site.
The Company shall not be liable for any delay in, or non-performance of, the Services which is solely caused by an event wholly outside the Company's control. The Company will take all reasonable steps to minimise such delay or non-performance.
The Company does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to the User where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the Company's negligence or the negligence of the Company's employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- b) Content
The Company has no obligation to remove content that does not appear manifestly illegal. Data and content uploaded by Partners and Users has not been verified or approved by the Company, and does not necessarily represent the Company's views or values. However, if any concern regarding data or content is communicated to the Company, the Company will investigate the concern and remove the concerning content, if necessary.
- the User becomes aware of any harmful Content (including but not limited to that could comprise or be connected to child sexual abuse or exploitation, or that could comprise terrorist content or be connected to terrorism, violate public order or decency, be considered harmful, offensive, inciting prejudice or hatred of any kind, or provoke protests from third parties or contravene current law); or
- the User wishes to complain about any other Content,
the User should contact the Company immediately by email to [email protected].
It is expressly agreed that, in the event that the Company is questioned, in any capacity, in any country, by a third party concerning the intellectual property of Content supplied by a User, that User will indemnify the Company against direct and/or indirect damages (including any legal fees) arising from such claims.
The Content published by Users and the information shared by them may be downloaded and used by other Users or third parties. Therefore, the Company does not guarantee non-infringement of such Content and information by third parties; it is the User's responsibility to take all necessary measures to protect the ownership of their Content and data.
The User must upload all Content in accordance with the instructions provided. Company shall not be liable, for any reason, for not receiving or losing Content or data transmitted by a User which was not uploaded in accordance with the instructions provided. The User is responsible for keeping a backup copy of the transmitted data.
- c) Data
The Company will only use a User's personal data to send personalised messages, or information regarding the services offered by the Company. Users' personal data will be processed and stored by the Company.
The acceptance of these T&C implies the User's express consent that the Company can contact the User using the information provided by the User (being telephone, email address and postal address).
- d) General provisions
The Company will not be liable for any unforeseeable loss or damage suffered by Users or third parties, which includes any lost profit, inaccuracy or corruption of files or data or loss of opportunity related in any capacity to these T&C.
ARTICLE 10 • HYPERLINKS
There are hyperlinks on the Site to sites and resources provided by third parties, however, the Company is not liable for, and has no control over, the web pages to which these links lead. Therefore, the Company is not liable for the content and resources related to such hyperlinks.
ARTICLE 11 • DURATION
These T&C enter into force with respect to a particular User from that User's acceptance of the Service, and will apply for as long as the User uses either the Site or the Service.
ARTICLE 12 • GENERAL
These T&C (together with any documents referred to in them) set out the entire agreement between the Company and User and supersede any previous agreement or arrangement between them relating to the subject matter of these T&C (and any document referred to in them).
If any provision of these T&C is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable then that provision will, to the extent required, be given no effect and will be treated as though it were not included in these T&C without modifying any other provision of these T&C and the enforceability of the remaining provisions of these T&C will not be affected.
ARTICLE 13 • APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT JURISDICTION
These T&C and all non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by, construed and take effect in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Any complaint arising out of these T&C can be sent to the following address: Raiden Charging UK Ltd t/a ChargeGuru UK, Paddington Works, 8 Hermitage St, London W2 1BE.
Any dispute that may arise concerning the validity, interpretation, execution or termination of the contract between the Company and the User may, at the request of one of the parties, and before any legal procedure, be submitted to alternative dispute resolution. Failing to resolve a dispute through alternative dispute resolution will result in the dispute between the Company and the User being subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If a Consumer User lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, that Consumer User can also bring claims against the Company in the courts of the country where the Consumer User lives. The Company can claim against the Consumer User in the courts of the country they live.